The Patronus is a kind of positive force, a projection of the very things that the dementor feeds upon — hope, happiness, the desire to survive — but it cannot feel despair, as real humans can, so the dementors can’t hurt it.
New from J.K. Rowling: Dumbledore’s Army Reunites At Quidditch World Cup Final
Important things to take away from this:
- No one has managed to buy the Daily Prophet and fire Rita Skeeter (why? it’s well worth the money).
- Harry is still living an active and adventurous life years after Voldemort’s defeat (I knew he was an adrenaline junkie).
- Ron is going bald.
- Harry and Krum have kept in touch over the years and are, presumably, still good friends.
- The wizarding public knows about the Horcruxes and that the trio destroyed them.
- Hermione is a rising star in the Ministry of Magic (like that’s a surprise).
- Luna is as eccentric as always, and has made peace with her dad.
get to know me meme: 5 favorite movies → Harry Potter series
"There was a lot more to magic, as Harry quickly found out, than waving your wand and saying a few funny words."
Theme 14: Signature/Trademark
Fandom: Harry Potter
Character: Hermione Granger
Harry snapped the earmuffs over his ears. They shut out sound completely. Professor Sprout put the pink, fluffy pair over her own ears, rolled up the sleeves of her robes, grasped one of the tufty plants firmly, and pulled hard.
Harry let out a gasp of surprise that no one could hear. Instead of roots, a small, muddy, and extremely ugly baby popped out of the earth. The leaves were growing right out of his head. He had pale green, mottled skin, and was clearly bawling at the top of his lungs.
Minerva McGonagall never had children, but she helped first years find their way.
Minerva McGonagall never had children, but she pursed her lips in just the right way when second years tripped over each other in the halls—and escorted them to the Infirmary besides.
Minerva McGonagall never had children, but she accounted for each and every third year after Hogsmeade visits.
Minerva McGonagall never had children, but a wand came in handy when cleaning up after fourth years—not to mention untransfiguring their pets (and body parts).
Minerva McGonagall never had children, but she always checked the fifth years were eating enough.
Minerva McGonagall never had children, but she smiled at the sixth years whose hearts had been broken, and frowned at those who had done the breaking.
Minerva McGonagall never had children, but she cried when the seventh years left her, and waited for their children to return.
Minerva McGonagall never had children, but that wasn’t to say she was not a mother.
3. Favourite movie: Goblet of Fire"It is a strange thing, but when you are dreading something, and would give anything to slow down time, it has a disobliging habit of speeding up."
Theme Fifteen: Villain
Harry Potter ~ Bellatrix Lestrange
a moment of silence for all the kids on the hogwarts express who wanted to buy something off the trolley but couldn’t because some 11 year old bought literally everything
you might belong in hufflepuff, where they are just and loyal,
those patient hufflepuffs are true, and unafraid of toil